Monday, August 24, 2015

Stupidly numb

I was wrong,
he said
but he wasn't.
I didn't go for the line,
he said
but he was already there.

I messed up,
he said
but he didn't.
I never found,
he said
but he received his share.

I didn't see,
he said
but he wasn't looking.
I didn't feel,
he said
but she was there.

I didn't live,
he said
but he was breathing.
I didn't get it,
he said
but he got his share.

It's better to be blind
and still able to see
It's better to be deaf
and still able to hear
It's better to be paralyzed
and still be able to feel
than being a complete man
but stupidly numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer is over (and that's a good thing)

The summer this year was an ongoing repeatment of sunshine, hot weather and hardly any rain. It lasted months, this torture of nature. For m...