Monday, November 2, 2015

Left with the truth..

I left some footprints in my home town,
some gravity on our old school's wall.
I left some pocketknife cutting marks
at the old tree in front of city-hall.

I Left my first kiss on the cheek
of a giggling girl in first grade.
I left my nuclear power protest sticker
next to the spot where my tag was sprayed

I left my childhood at the cemetery,
at the spot where we said my dad goodbye.
I left my boy scout uniform in a buried box,
the minute I realized most of life is a lie.

I left my grown-up dreams and goals,
rolled up in my graduation certificate.
I left my middle class opportunities
becoming just a slave seemed inadequate.

I left home and found another,
a different country, a different life.
I left the foolish thoughts on success behind,
knowing breathing and loving is all to survive.








I left all the falls politeness for just being that,
found the joy in mixing my wandering footsteps with dirt.
I left being scared of sarcasm and rebellion poetry acts,
knowing nothing, maybe some, knowing, knowing truth would hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer is over (and that's a good thing)

The summer this year was an ongoing repeatment of sunshine, hot weather and hardly any rain. It lasted months, this torture of nature. For m...