Monday, September 3, 2018

Keeping a secret...

As I was searching for something trivial.
I found a secret that shouldn’t have to be.
It felt like an embarrassing encounter,
with somebody else's fantasy.

Now the knowledge is stored in my brain,
but this wasn’t for my eyes to see.
I understand the need to pursue those moments,
as I do the same in an extended degree.

Life goes on, new conventions planted,
time fades away with tradition as a referee.
Feeling guilty although there’s nothing wrong,
accused of treason, just because I disagree.

The mind works, using dirty tricks,
simply forgetting is not a guarantee.
Memories stacked upon imagination,
the little secret is safely buried in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer is over (and that's a good thing)

The summer this year was an ongoing repeatment of sunshine, hot weather and hardly any rain. It lasted months, this torture of nature. For m...